Tue, Mar 21|
Memorial Congregational Church
Color Me Floral Workshop: Ikebana Presentation Created by Joy DiMaggio
Joy DiMaggio will share some history of Ikebana, do a demonstration on angles of placement and proper measurement of plant materials. Each student will then create an upright style Moribana design to take home.
Time & Location
Mar 21, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Memorial Congregational Church, 26 Concord Rd, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA
About the event
Joy DiMaggio has been studying Ikebana for over 12 years and has earned her first certficate for Sogetsu School design. She has completed the first book of Sogetsu and will complete book two in February 2023. The Sogetsu School uses Moribana and Nageire styles of design. Moribana is a flat dish design with a kensan. Nageire design uses a slender tall container.
Please bring the following to the workshop:
- Branches 3-4 branches at least 20”long. Branch suggestions: pussy willow, red twig, forsythia. Some of these branches can be purchased at Whole Foods. If anyone is having difficulty finding branches, please let us know. We will try to find a variety.
- Pyrex dish 8x8
- Branch cutters
- Clipper or scissors for the flowers
- Round bowl for cutting flowers in
- Brown paper bag and paper towels
- Small watering can or measuring cup to pour water
- Bucket to bring your design home
We will provide the following:
- flowers and greens
Joy will provide a handout for all participants.